Lasting Effects of Your Gift
- Being read to as a child and having books in the home are the two factors most associated with later success in school.
- Reading to a child enhances critical brain development in the early years of life.
- By developing a love of reading, children are set on the path to becoming lifelong readers and learners.
- Early Literacy Matters-read statistics at the Governor’s Books from Birth site.
The Sullivan County Imagination Library is an all-volunteer organization, with no paid staff. Because we have no personnel costs, an impressive 94% of our budget is spent on paying for the Imagination Library books and the postage to mail them.
The Sullivan County Imagination library is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, so your contributions are tax-deductible.
Our Costs and Funding Partners
- The cost of enrolling one child for one year is approximately $25.00.
- The Governor’s Books from Birth Foundation provides half of the total cost per child.
- The remaining amount must be raised by the local Sullivan County Imagination Library Organization.
- Presently, we are mailing books to 7,600 Sullivan County children each month. Our monthly book bill runs about $7000 a month or over $80,000 a year.
- See Contributors link for a full list of our donors.